- Games are 7 innings or 2 hours, whichever occurs first. Time limit is NOT drop dead, unless home team is batting AND winning when time limit hits. No new inning will start after 2 hours. If a game is in the top of an inning when time hits, and home team is losing, the full inning must be completed.
- Games are considered official after 4 full innings of baseball (in the event of weather)
- Games can end in a tie during pool play, consolations or showcase games.
- If a game is tied after 7 innings, and there is time left on the clock, the 8th inning & beyond start with the last batted out at 2nd base, 0 outs. Both teams will hit this way til there is a winner or time limit is reached & game ends in tie. Same rules apply, once top of inning starts, if time limit hits, full inning must finish.
- Teams may hit up to 11 players at one time. If you hit 11, you may use 1 DH & 2 EH’s. You may not hit more than 11 at any one time. A DH is “married” to the person he is hitting for. An EH can be interchanged with any player on the field at any time.
- RUN RULES – 15 runs after 4 innings of play OR 10 runs after 5 innings of play
- Courtesy Runners allowed at any time for the catcher and/or pitcher (if he is hitting). The runner must be a player that has not previously entered the game. If no one is available, then it is the last batted out.
- Home Team is determined by a Coin Flip (or coach’s mutual decision before the game) during pool play, consolations or any showcase event games. Coin flip should be conducted in front of PW scorekeeper or the coaches can let him know if mutually decided upon before the game.
- Coaches should have their lineup cards filled out no less than 15 mins before their game & ready for the Scorekeepers when they come for them. Please make sure to include first & last name (or at least a first initial) and their jersey # & positions.
- Umpires keep the official Game time, and should give a courtesy “reminder” when time limit gets close to hitting. Prospect Wire scorekeepers do not keep official game time.
- Coaches are responsible for their team’s parents. If a parent is out of hand and disruptive to the game, the umpire has the right to eject the head coach, and assistants if order cannot be kept.
- When in doubt, National Association (HS) rules apply. This is with regard to substitutions, slide rules at each base, pickoffs & balks, etc.
- THERE ARE NO PITCHING RESTRICTIONS IN 13U or 14U divisions. Coaches are responsible for their players.
13U DIVISION: Approved Metals allowed
14U DIVISION: BBCOR ONLY or Wood is allowed if you want
TIE BREAKERS (in order)
- Head to Head (if 3 or more teams in a pool finish with the same record, head to head only counts if one team beat both of the other two)
- Average Runs Allowed during pool play
- Average Runs Scored during pool play
- Difference between Runs Scored & Runs Allowed during pool play